Imagine delicate, round and savory porcini mushrooms touched with a dash of freshly picked sage – and we have harnessed that flavor perfectly in this fantastic olive oil. Our Porcini Mushroom & Sage infused EVOO begins with a soft and delicate porcini flavor that is balanced by just enough fresh sage to give it an earthy and smooth aroma. This olive oil truly captures all the wonderful flavors that come with cooking with mushrooms. Try it to dress gnocchi, pasta or risotto, but we just can’t get enough of it in Gruyere and mushroom omelettes. While it is just as good to finish braised or grilled meats, we highly recommend it in soups and stews.
VINEGAR pairings: Traditional 18 Year, Gala Apple, Pinot Grigio, Balsamico Bianco, Sicilian Lemon, Sangiovese
Complements: Marinades for Pork and Beef, Pasta, Polenta, Winter Squash, Sautéed Vegetables, Pizza, Crostini, Leafy/Winter Greens, Soft and Fresh Cheese, Eggs
- Use to toss whole wheat pasta, add grilled asparagus and shavings of Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Brush over grilled crostini and top with smoked Gouda cheese.
- Use to marinate beef before roasting.
- Use to cook scrambled eggs and frittatas.
- Use to sauté spinach.
- Use to make mushroom gravy and serve with your favorite meatloaf.
- Drizzle over creamy polenta, mushroom risotto or wild rice.
- Use in place of butter for mashed potatoes; it is equally delicious with sweet potatoes or butternut squash.
- Combine with Gala Apple balsamic to baste poultry while roasting.
- Drizzle over pizza or to finish creamy soups.
No artificial ingredients, preservatives or colouring. All Natural.