Step into a realm of exquisite flavours with our Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil, a constant favourite among our staff. This versatile Extra Virgin Olive Oil stands out for its gentle finesse in cooking and as a delightful finisher. Dive into the mild and fresh world of early-crush Arbequina, delivering a palate of green and ripe olive fruit, almond, banana, tomato plant, and green herbs. This oil embodies a balanced culinary delight, marked by high fruitiness, subtle bitterness, and a lively pungency, highlighting its freshness. Reigning as our most popular oil, this is the indispensable extra virgin olive oil that every kitchen craves. Each drop invites a culinary adventure, enhancing your dishes with a touch of Mediterranean elegance.
- Elevate your salads by whisking together this extra virgin olive oil with balsamic vinegar, mustard, and a hint of honey to create a classic vinaigrette.
- Pour a small amount of this olive oil into a dish, sprinkle with your favourite herbs, and enjoy a delightful Mediterranean bread dipping experience.
- Drizzle this oil over vegetables, fish, or chicken before roasting or grilling to lock in moisture and add a rich flavour.
- Utilize this extra virgin olive oil as a healthier alternative to butter or other oils when sautéing vegetables or meats.
- Toss your freshly cooked pasta with a generous amount of this oil, some fresh herbs, and grated parmesan for a simple and delicious dish
- Blend fresh basil, garlic, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, and our Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil to make a flavourful homemade pesto.
What is Arbequina?
Arbequina is a small, brown olive cultivar originally from Catalonia, Spain. Renowned for its high oil content and distinct flavour profile, Arbequina olives are a prized choice for olive oil production. The oil extracted from these olives is typically very fruity with a mild peppery finish, making it a favoured choice among chefs and food enthusiasts alike. The early crush Arbequina in our Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil preserves the olive’s natural flavour, delivering an oil that is fresh, mild, and perfectly suited for a variety of culinary applications.
How is Extra Virgin Olive Oil made?
Extra Virgin Olive Oil is made by crushing olives to extract their juices. The crushed olives are then pressed to separate the oil from the solids and water. Finally, the oil is separated and filtered to produce the pure extra virgin olive oil we use for cooking and other purposes.
Cold-Pressed means that no heat or chemicals were used during extraction, preserving the oil’s natural flavours and nutritional quality.
First-pressed means the olive oil was extracted in a single pressing, with no second pressing as in the case of some other oils, like seed oils.