Blood Orange Olive Oil
$17.00 – $37.00
Bright and zesty, this infused EVOO is made with the fresh oil extract of Italian blood oranges. The sweet, slightly tart taste of blood oranges makes this olive oil even more attractive. Piquant but never pithy or bitter, it is clean, bright, citrusy and almost exotic in aroma. Its versatile flavour profile and fruit forward aroma make this oil a staff and customer favourite.
Bright and zesty, this infused EVOO is made with the fresh oil extract of Italian blood oranges. The sweet, slightly tart taste of blood oranges makes this olive oil even more attractive. Piquant but never pithy or bitter, it is clean, bright, citrusy and almost exotic in aroma. Its versatile flavour profile and fruit forward aroma make this oil a staff and customer favourite. Drizzle it over oven roasted or grilled fish, combine it with your favourite vinegar to dress a salad, or bake into olive oil cakes and muffins. You will love it!
VINEGAR pairings: Traditional 18 Year, Sicilian Lemon, Cranberry Pear, Chocolate di Torino, Italian Fig, Cinnamon Pear, Blackberry Ginger, Habanero & Honey, Plum, Pedro Ximenez Sherry Vinegar, Italian Espresso
Complements: Marinades for Poultry, Pork, and Seafood, Vinaigrettes, Leafy/Winter Greens, Winter Squash, Root Vegetables, Baked Goods
- Combine with Chocolate balsamic, ground cumin, chipotle powder and your favorite aromatics. Pour the mixture over a pork shoulder and slow cook until fork tender.
- Use to pan sear scallops and serve over farro and spinach salad.
- Combine with any of the suggested Seasons balsamic pairings above for a great salad dressing. We especially like it with Blackberry Ginger or Cinnamon Pear balsamic.
- Use in baking in lieu of melted butter or other oils: try it in brownies, carrot cake, muffins and pumpkin bread.
- Drizzle over roasted red beets, carrots, fennel or sweet potatoes and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
No artificial ingredients, preservatives or colouring. All Natural.
For 1 portion or 5 oz of meat, use 1 tbsp of Oil and 1 tbsp of Oil Balsamic. Seal together in a container and let stand 30 minutes or longer.
Drizzle 1 tsp of Balsamic over every one 1 cup of fresh cut fruit.
Drizzle 1 tsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Flavoured Olive Oil combined with 1 tsp of White or Dark Balsamic over single portion size salad.
Use 1 tbsp of Olive Oil for 1 cup rice to 1.5 cups water. Toss with finished pasta 1 tbsp of Olive Oil for every one cup of pasta. For roasted potatoes use 1 tbsp of Olive Oil. For 1 portion of mashed potatoes (5 pounds peeled and mashed) use 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin or Flavoured Olive Oil.
Use 1 tbsp of Olive Oil and 1 tbsp of Balsamic per 1 cup of roasted or sautéed vegetables. For every 1 cup of steamed vegetables, toss on 1 tsp of Olive Oil and 1 tsp of Balsamic.
Use ratio of 2/3 Olive Oil to 1 part Butter when baking for a healthier and moist result. Drizzle a teaspoon of balsamic on ice cream, yogurt or cake for an added flavour shot!